Entries now open for the first challenge starting Friday 10th June!
- Register your team!
- Challenge another team!
- Choose a date, time and location!
- Play your matches!
What is Exeter Ping Challenge?
An informal local ping pong tournament between businesses and groups that are keen to enter a team challenge. You can request matches against other like minded organisations and arrange a fixture to be played on a nearby Ping table. Locations include social venues like the Walkabout, the Cavern, Exeter Phoenix and for when the sun shines...Double Locks, Exeter Quayside or a local park.
Challenge leagues will be run on a regular basis over 8-12 week periods, starting Friday 10th June 2016 until Sunday 31st July 2016… the more you play, the more points you win. And points... mean PRIZES!!!!
Register now at the bottom of this page!
How Does it Work?
Register your team!
- All you need is 4 players to create a team! We encourage each team to have a minimum of one player of the opposite sex.
- Rank each player, 1 being the best player.
- Your team will then be entitled to 4 Ping! bats and 10 balls for practice and match play. Please fill in details at the bottom of the page to sign up.
Challenge another team!
Request a match against a team that has signed up to the Exeter Ping Challenge on the website, starting Friday 10th June. This is also the date of the Ping! Exeter launch that is taking place in Princesshay Square 11am – 4pm with free play on the Ping tables throughout the day, why not request your first challenge against a team at this event!?
Choose a date, time and table location!
Date, Time and Table location will need to be agreed by both teams. Please note that some tables listed have temporarily been removed over the winter period, but will be returned to their location ready for 10th June. Please be aware that tables are open to members of the public and there may be a short waiting time before play can commence. Please ensure you bring your own equipment to your matches. Please note some locations are outdoors and check opening hours for some venues.
Please be aware that some locations are outdoors, and please also check opening hours for table locations!
Play your matches!
4 singles matches
- Players ranked 1 in their team will play the player ranked 1 in the opposing team.
- Players ranked 2 in their team will play each other etc.
2 doubles matches
- Players ranked 1 and 3 are a doubles pair for their team, players ranked 2 and 4 are the other double pair.
- You must play your opposing player /pair and you cannot change your ranking during a match. First to 11 in each match, 2 serves each.